Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yallah, Coachella.

So the last twenty-four hours has been spent mourning the fact I will not be able to attend Coachella this year. I've gone through various stages of grief - shock, denial, pain, anger, and depression included - pretty much everything short of pulling a Sylvia Plath and sticking my head in the oven. Which, actually, would be quite an accomplishment in itself, given the munchkin-sized, butane-powered metal box I'm rockin' in my cuzina. Nevertheless, I have struggled with this discontentment many a year, spending five out of the last six festival seasons on this side of the Atlantic. Pretty much every year I go through the same withdrawal symptoms. This year, so far, it's meant a lot of MGMT, Frightened Rabbit, She & Him, Muse, and La Roux on repeat. I'm living vicariously through you people. Keep in mind I will also be spending that fine April weekend sweating my ass off in 100 degree desert heat. Albeit I'll be surrounded by donkeys and scorpions rather than vegan twenty-something hipster wanna-be actor-models drenched in American Apparel viewing the world through rose-coloured Ray-Bans. Actually, I don't know which is worse. Enjoy the tunes and rock your socks off.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You've been nominated for The Best Morocco Blog of 2010
    in the category of personal blogs.

    We encourage you to have your readers and friends vote for your blog at
    http://www.moroccoblogs.com and if you want to display the following
    graphic, you can do so proudly:


    You can find the graphic at
    http://moroccoblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/nominated.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think Coachella only exists to make us former Californians feel bad about living far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! We are also Peace Corps Volunteers -- serving in Macedonia. We will be traveling to Morocco in February and were wondering if you could give us some pointers or want to meet up for coffee. You can contact us at cmolloy.mk@gmail.com

    Thanks! Kacey & Conor

    ReplyDelete

Stat Counter

Total Pageviews