Saturday, August 28, 2010

State of the Hair Address.


I'll refer you to my favourite The Roots song in order to best appreciate this post.

So, remember that one time I've been in Africa for a year? Well, in addition to losing my ability to speak English properly and developing questionable showering patterns, I've also let my hair do as it pleases. Which means getting really effing long and returning to its natural darker blonde state. Resulting in this:


An obviously flattering picture of me giving Pete a thick-cut Mohawk

Which I was originally disappointed in letting happen. Until, wouldn't you know it, I realized my progressively darkening locks were hippest of trends back in the good old US of A. Please turn your attention to exhibit A + B:



Lauren Conrad & Kristen Cavallari of Laguna Beach & The Hills

Two fellow Orange County-ans recently sporting intentionally darker roots & lighter ends. Though this is hardly remarkable I suppose, as Southern California beach hair has almost always resembled this. But I stand by my case due to the following examples:


On set Blake Lively and Drew Barrymore

Both these celebrities are working this trend hard. And not only is Blake Lively sporting it, this photo was taken during a shoot for the upcoming season of Gossip Girl. Serena Vanderwoodsen is embracing it all the way in Manhattan, far away from the beach bum excuse in California.

So whether or not it looks good - and let's be honest, it doesn't - I, apparently, am schwiya in-fashion all the way out here in Morocco. Boo-ya.


Alli & I flashing some pearly whites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stat Counter

Total Pageviews