Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chilling Challenge

''Consider this dismaying observation: this chamber has no windows, and no doors. Which offers you this chilling challenge: to find, a way out!'' - Ghost Host, Haunted Mansion

This week is not my favourite. I'm in the midst of a pretty relentless cold, temperatures have taken a serious nose-dive, and my favourite PCV & fellow Sedona-miz-ian has abandoned me. And by abandoned I mean successfully completed his two-year service and is moving on with his life to San Francisco via Paris and Copenhagen. Jerk.

Night before last was his last in town, so we celebrated with Risotto and Key Lime pie. I made the mistake of over-pushing dessert when the poor kid had been making the rounds and stuffing his face with sweets all day. Nothing like a cavity or two as a souvenir of his stay. Any-who, in order to combat any potential waterworks, I attempted to remain devoid of any emotion. Assertively telling (aggressively yelling at) him to avoid any mention of 'I'll miss you'. I think I leaned too far that direction, as upon reflection, I think I came off pretty nonchalant about his leaving... oops. Either way, I'll miss you dude! Officially the best sitemate ever. Not that the replacement has big shoes to fill or anything...

Speaking of new guy! I got to have him, Nathaniel, & Heather (wonderful friend visiting from Scotland) over last Sunday, which also happened to be Halloween night. We had curry pumpkin soup, some pumpkin seeds, and a spectacularly carved Jack-o-Lantern by Nathaniel. It was a perfectly misty night and lots of candles, my meowing cat, and the soundtrack to the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland (don't judge me) helped set the mood. The evening was brought to a close with a group viewing of Shutter Island. Not too shabby, Halloween 2010, not too shabby at all.



Nathaniel & I


Halloween Feast


AHHHHHHHHHHHH.


Carving in Action

So after two years of hard work, it seems he did, indeed, find a way out. Well done & good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I got a little misty-eyed right there... great photos! in a year, i'll be saying the same about you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Stat Counter

Total Pageviews