Monday, August 31, 2009

7 days

The packing preparations have begun. Slowly, but surely, I have starting compiling anything thought to be completely necessary for the next two years. Underwear... check. Hiking shoes... check. Parisian coral scarf I'm obsessed with to let me feel pretty once in a while... check.

I've decided to stick by my rule of leaving anything behind that falls under the following categories: belonged to either one of my grandmothers; cost me more than I'd like to admit; reveals thigh or cleavage (what little there is to be shown); would make me cry if I and/or United airlines lost it.

That pretty much leaves only jeans, a bunch of t-shirts, and a plethora of gladiator sandals, but I and PC staff deem those appropriate, so be it.

I've also executively decided to leave the hair dying until arrival in Morocco. Give it a try as a blonde and document the reactions. I look forward to posting them here.

Exchange rate looks decent, however. About 8 and a bit Dirhams to the Dollar, so any money spent will be negligible. Especially when I get a... well... allowance - for lack of a better word - from the PC.

Can't believe I'll be on a plane in a week. Well, literally will have landed in Philly by now for staging. Still, won't be back to visit home until Christmas 2010. Yeesh.

Ah yes, fun detail: Ramadan will still be going on when I arrive. Sweet kick start to my Donniell will return home tan-brunette-and-skinny plan. I am, however, a little saddened by the no-pork situation for the next two years. Anthony Bourdain would understand.

Peace x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stat Counter

Total Pageviews