Sunday, September 6, 2009

24...

Hours. Literally.Until take-off. With a little more anxiety and a little less Jack Bauer.

Nah, I'm getting really excited actually. I've 'started over' quite a few times in my mere 23 years. The self-reboot button is becoming all too familiar. Uni abroad, London job, Home part deux. New surroundings and new relationships are a natural high for me I suppose. I'm a proverbial junkie. Still, I'm hoping like-minded and motivated people are the kind that will show up to this song & dance, so here's to an optimistic and friendly beginning to this 27 month long cultural extravaganza.

Packing is complete, underweight for the first time ever, I think. I've had enough practice so no reason not to I suppose. Still need to finish up registration forms, though, witness signatures and all that jazz. ... It's only quarter to nine, though, and procrastination is my middle name...

I am, however, currently still debating on the 'bring the stuffed animal or don't' front. Yes, I'm a grown woman. Independent, intelligent, strong-willed, logical. Yet, I have a feeling baby beluga is making the trip. Judge if you must folks, but when I'm 6,000 miles away from Gustav and Killer - my two doggies if you aren't familiar - I'm gunna need something soft and cuddly to take their place. I'm afraid a foot long stuffed white whale might have to suffice.

Okay, I've put paperwork off long enough. Time to cross my 'T's and dot my 'I's.

See you across the pond. Again.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    My name is Adil Sadoq and I am the field project manger for a MEDA project in Morocco. I am trying to find a contact at the Youth development department at the peace corps Morocco. In my project we do training for youth on different topics and I hope we can collaborate in some regions of Morocco. ANd BTW, welcome to Morocco.
    My email address is asadoq@meda.org

    ReplyDelete

Stat Counter

Total Pageviews