Saturday, September 19, 2009

like woah.

Okay so to preface this, i am on a french keyboard. and due to lack of patience/time, you're getting q's instead of a's, z's instead of w's, and possibly commas instead of m's. deal with it. a3fak.

So those of you who knoz me (this is going to be qnnoying.) I hqve this funnel problem when I'm trying to sqy qbout a billion things qnd don't know which order to sqy them. My brqin is slightly exploding zith informqtion, qnecdotes, qnd 'darija' vocqb. I mqy hqve to do this in list form. Lettermans top 10 list if you will.

10. Turkish toilets. With no TP. A bidé never seemed so appealing.
9. My host family, 14 total, 9 kids, 1 building. Awesome and mental at the same time. GOGOGO. Love them all so much already.
8. My town... lets just say peace corps sent us here for a reason... people are lovely, however.
7. Donkeys. Everywhere. Sitemate hellbent on purchasing one. Hasak.
6. Language lessons. I swear I've learned more Moroccan Arabic in 3 days then French an entire semester.
5. Ramadan is an interesting time to enter a country. Mrmdn to the max. Calm down folks, the couscous is on its way.
4. And thank goodness it is because it is delicious. Holy moly do I love the food here. The get skinny plan is going to take some serious effort.
3. Henna and kaftans. Already been gifted such sweet things and still have visual evidence of the night of power on both my hands.
2. Atay. Atay atay atay. Always.
1. Surviving. Whether it be taxis (dude), bitlma, or ordering coffee (at a cafe I'm not really allowed at, being a girl and all). That's pretty much the aim of everyday right now. Short term goals make the intense transition tangible. And the awesome company I have here. Mamma hen needs the boys' humour to stay sane during the 4 to 6 hours of language lessons everyday.

I feel like I have so much to say but no real way to formulate it; other than the expected daily rundown of schedule which really isnt relavent or interesting in my opinion. It's 24/7 go time. And I'm just trying to hold on.

Will hopefully be getting a cell phone soon, so will send that to you all privately when I have it. Otherwise, my address for mail temporarily is:

Donniell Silva
s/c Corps de la Paix
2, Rue Abou Marauane Essaadi, Agdal
Rabat 10100, MOROCCO
Love yall and would love messages whenever you can send them my way!! Ps mck karl gio, no go on leaving country before the new year. bummed i cant join you for the holidays! grr. Also, sorry to whoevers birthday I have forgotten or will forget. It's going to happen. Don't hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stat Counter

Total Pageviews