Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Somewhere over the rainbow.

I just witnessed, the single-handedly most fantastical rainbow of my life. More like the three most fantastical rainbows.

Coming out of the dar chebab today, post-torrential rainfall, the glory of colour greeted us against the Atlas mountains and we all pretty much stood there for a few minutes in admiration. I guess Allah heard my previous bitching session about the lack of colour here. Him or Death Cab, that is.

Time is like, flying, dude. Three weeks in. Grammar is whizzing by, host family is freaking lovely, trips to local towns and cities on the weekends. Good times. Ohhh! And I actually exist now, I have a... drumroll please... phone number!! Message me via facebook and its all yours kids.

On a... gross note, had my first bout with food poisoning this weekend. Vom-tastic. All night. Not having eggs for a while, if you get my drift. And the added cultural-experience-bonus of aiming for the mini hole of a Turkish toilet definitely has it's cons. Back-splash, for one. No bueno folks. Though, otherwise, me and the Turkish toilet get on fine. After the oh-so-valueable experience on the overnight train from Istanbul to Sofia - Louisa knows what's up - I can handle the squat. Thighs of steel, man, thighs of steel.

Heading to Azrou on Thursday for some more vaccinations - yay, Rabies! - and staying the night. They have wireless at the Auberge, so I'm told, so I'm sure I will have some news for you all then.

Please let me know what's going on outside my fishbowl!! Heard the Philippines was underwater for a while there, hope all my friends' families are a-okay! Any countries at war? Popstar overdose? Fashion faux-pas? Fill me in! Prize to best update. The prize may or may not be my love. Or a postcard in about three months. SO worth it.

Love and lots of it xx

3 comments:

  1. Well, latest news this afternoon...EQ in Samoa, which has triggered Tsunami warning for all of California Coast. Supposed to hit Orange County at 9:16 this evening! We'll see what happens...I'll update you tomorrow, if all goes well. love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your entries - am checking several time a week! Glad you have communication again. Ah - sweet memories - the (small) whole in the floor!
    With enough practice the aim gets better.
    Lots of love and hugs!
    Pappa & U.E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were blogging! I can give you fashion updates!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Stat Counter

Total Pageviews