Monday, December 7, 2009

Needs more cowbell... in 5 days

I'm a wee bit peeved, my friends. This past weekend, on through this week, is the Marrakech International Film festival. The likes of Jen Aniston and Gwenyth Paltrow were seen last week, even Sir Ben Kingsley is stopping by on Wednesday. But who is coming tonight you ask? Which modern day icon of down right awesome bad-ass-ness is showing face this fine evening? Mother effing Christopher Walken, that's who. And do I have the ability to go? Of course NOT. Gahhhh, the man whose face has haunted me since he was the Headless Horseman back in '99? Whose voice has rung true, pleading only for more cowbell? Who could tolerate Alicia Silverstone long enough to complete the filming of Excess Baggage? Catch Me if You Can? Wedding Crashers? And the creme de la creme - Fatboy Slim's 'Weapon of Choice' video where he triumphantly struts, 2-steps, and flies about that hotel lobby?!?! I wanna gooooo mommyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Earlier this week, Nathaniel and I took a little day trip with our friend... Bob (he's a local who runs a bbq place of sorts)... to some little duars (small villages) near the mountains. We had originally planned to bike the whole trip, but after finding out it was actually 23km... one way... we decided a taxi was our best option. So we successfully taxied 19km of it, and walked the rest. All in all, we were fed too much, took some beautiful pictures, and understood pretty much nothing as they were most comfortable speaking Berber (hi, I'm Donniell, I'm learning Arabic). The best part of the day, however, were delightful little snipits that came out of our friend Bob while walking to and from the taxi stand:

out of the blue - 'I tried your nuts last night' -Bob to Nathaniel
out of the blue - 'huevos..... huevos' -Bob to no one inparticular
in context of chickens making some noise on the side of the road- 'those are some young cocks right there. young cock. cock. young cock.' -Bob to both of us

Good times.

Oh yeah, I think I'm going to start a 'best pick-up line of the week' bit here in blogland, as there is an abundance pretty much everyday, and some are just totally worth the mention. This week's 'best pick-up line of the week' goes to a lucky fella in Marrakech, who, while I walked by with about 8 other Americans and my host sister Ouidad, goes 'Oh, gazelle, in 5 days you will be so beautiful!'... 5 days buddy? You think you're going to get in my pants by telling me I may or may not look good in five days? Douchebag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stat Counter

Total Pageviews