Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Site Announcement!

So you know that month, senior year in high school - if I remember correctly, sometime around March or April - when that all-important college acceptance (one would hope) letter would be arriving in the mail, dictating the next 4 years of your life and ultimately your happiness? I got to live that beautifully anxiety-ridden moment all over again, along with my lovely fellow PCTs of course, Monday afternoon during the - dun, dun, dun - Site Announcement. An event in which we were all given business-sized envelopes with the name of our future town, the one we'll be living and working the next two years in, scribbled inside on a small cardboard tag... actually it kind of resembled a tag you'd put on a Christmas gift bag, but I suppose that's besides the point.

Moral of the story is... my site is freaking awesome, yo. Though I believe I am unable to reveal the actual name of my site to the internet masses, I can tell you it is 45km southwest of Marrakesh. Marrakesh, mother effers. Start planning your vacations now. Also, pretty darned near to the west, not more than an hour or so away, is Agadir - an extremeley gorgeous beach resort town, so get on it. You're coming to see me. Whether you like it or not. And I'm pretty sure you'll like it. Yeah, pretty sure.

So I head off to the land of zween (perty-ness) is about 2 1/2 weeks. We'll be finishing up life in our CBT site in less than two weeks and then head to do some technical trainings and Swearing-in in Rabat after that. All is coming together and it feels right. The PCV I am replacing at my site has been nothing but super helpful, sweet, and full of information and we've only known who each other are for two days! My heads in the right place, despite being super zonked 24/7, and I couldn't be more pleased with my decision to do this. Of course, ask me again in three months when I'm all settled and dealing with the usual bullshit you deal with in work atmospheres, but as for now, I'm going to go with general satisfaction.

We'll I'm off to the lycee with the gang to do a cross-culture activity on Halloween and the like so I'll write to you all later. Oooooo tell me what you're all being for Halloween by the way! I desperately want to live vicariously through you. Oooo I love this crap.

See you Boos and Ghouls later!

... sometimes I want to kick myself in the shins for saying shit like that.

1 comment:

  1. first off i want to say im pissed, i totally had written about a half page comment on this post, but didnt see the comment verification bullshit, why is it so damn hard to post a comment. I dont have a freakin url. anyways im will try to reenact the comment.

    my site is freaking awesome yo?
    where did that come from? and just so you know i never was able to feel that anxiety thing for college, so im pretty jealous that you get to feel it twice. so i think you'll like this, i was Steve Zissou from the life aquatic for halloween. i wore my wetsuit and a red beany, and thats it. so i had to wear that for two days at work = worst days of my life, i sweated more those to shifts then all of the sweat i produced during basic training, like my apron was drenched, i think if i didnt drink 7 cups of 7 up an hour, i would have had a heat stroke. I like how both use the term bummerville to describe relationship troubles. oh and GOOOOO YANKKEEEESSSS!!!! Im a little excited about it. oooo and the new wolfmother cd is sensational, try to get on msn so i can send it to you, also i have skype now so whenever your in or around an internet cafe next let me know. I want you to know that i love you and so does veronica, leana, jason, brett, and everyone hope that your doin well (which you are, living near a freakin resort town, yeah really jumped on a grenade for mankind there, huh) just kidding, well i can't wait for your next post now thay i finally know where your blog is. byyye

    ReplyDelete

Stat Counter

Total Pageviews